Friday, April 14, 2017

My #cartoon of our @tuttifruttidejeuner #server, @kayleymorris! 📝 The story: My sis Diana wanted to go to #tuttifruttidejeuner. They have a lot of gluten-free options for her. When the bill came, my dad said the name on it was Kayley. I figured I'd draw a cartoon of myself, thanking Kayley for her service. She came back with the machine and said she needed to see the bill, to input the amount. I showed her the bill, and explained I was drawing a cartoon. On the fly, I said I was drawing a cartoon... of HER, cuz that seemed more personal. Even though it was a small receipt, so room would be tight. My pen wasn't writing on the glossy paper. She suggested I draw on the placement. So I switched to that. When I was done, my dad and sis were in the car. I needed to get a selfie with the waitress and the cartoon. But I wanted to pee first. So I hid the cartoon over by the wall where I was charging my phone, so that she wouldn't just take the cartoon while I was gone. While I was in the washroom, from the car my dad and sis saw the waitress go to the table and flip the placemats looking for the cartoon, and she seemed sad not to find it. My dad had seen me place something by the wall. My sis ran in to tell the waitress the cartoon was there. When I returned from the washroom, my sis and waitress were with the cartoon. Then I finally took a selfie of her with the placement. Then I took a pic of just the cartoon, with the unfinished receipt cartoon as well, because it was part of the story. Then Kayley said she should have held the receipt in the photo too, so we retook the selfie. I told her to follow me on Instagram, and today she did! Hi, Kayley! 📝 #Ottawa #restaurant #breakfast #lunch #foodie #foodblog #art #artist 🍳 I am a: #celebrityinterviewer #entertainmentreporter #radiohost #comedian #actor #voiceactor #singersongwriter #cartoonist #screenwriter #filmcritic #travelblogger #lifestyleblogger #foodblogger #entertainmentblogger #fashionblogger #mommyblogger #YouTuber #podcaster #digitalnomad


No comments: