Thursday, June 07, 2012

I was on the TV show Judge Karen's Court

In late 2009, I rented out my condo to a girl who wanted it for just one night. Turns out, that wasn't my best idea ever. Months later, I submitted a one-sentence summary in response to an L.A. casting call I saw from Judge Karen's Court. Though the show normally only uses people in California, and certainly just Americans, the producer loved the story so much that in December 2010, they flew me and the defendant down from Canada to Los Angeles for 24 hours to be on their show. So, my apartment got trashed, but I got my first appearance on a national U.S. television show. I believe this is what's called "turning lemons into lemonade." This is the first time I'm seeing the episode - It took me this long to track down a copy. But I already knew it ran a couple of times, because I've gotten emails from an ex-pat Canadian woman in the U.S. asking how the court case in Canada went, and from a guy in New York state who just wanted to tell me that I'm cute. Being called cute? That is the greatest outcome I could ask for from a court case.

No comments: