Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Unbelievably professional review of my film "Terry Cloth"

Just when I thought nothing on the Internet could surprise me anymore (and believe me, I've seen some surprising things), this arrives in my in-box today. It's a review of my short film Terry Cloth by Steven & Jonny of the YouTube show "At The Youvies." To see it, click here or watch below. It seems the review was posted at the end of March, but the makers just left a comment on YouTube today letting me know of their review. Even though I didn't have anything to do with this review, it blew my mind so much that I thought it deserved its own blog post. Watching the review, I felt like I was hallucinating or dreaming, because I couldn't believe all the care these people had put into reviewing a celebrity-free short film they must have randomly come across on YouTube. They clearly invested a huge amount of time and effort doing things like watching various videos on my site so they could comment on my development as a filmmaker, comparing the different characters I played in the film, evaluating the performance of my ex-girlfriend as if she was an established film actor, carefully writing 2 different viewpoints on my film, shooting the review, editing the review, inserting clips from my film... And it was all done with the same care and polish you'd see in an actual episode of television's At The Movies with Siskel & Ebert or whomever is on that show now. And for what? When I watched the review today, it had 58 views since it was posted 6 months ago. And their Twitter page has 2 followers. One of whom is Steven himself. Hopefully their work pays off and gives them whatever level of success and recognition they seek. If for nothing else than the fact that they pronounced my last name correctly.

 And for those of you who, unlike Steven & Jonny, have not seen Terry Cloth, you can see it by clicking here or watching below.

 

No comments: