Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm co-hosting a Jewish/Arab show in Montreal on Sunday

Along with Eman, an Arab comedienne, I'll be MC'ing an inspiring night of musical, spoken-word and dance performances by Jewish, Arab and other artists in Montreal this Sunday night. The goal is to bring together people through mutual understanding. And if anything can broker a peace between Jews and Arabs, it is certainly the MC'ing I will do at this show. Or, at the very least, it will get me a date with the Arab comedienne. Hmmm... On second thought, peace in the Middle East is probably more likely.

Anyway, last night Eman and I were interviewed on the Dan Laxer show on Montreal talk radio station CJAD. On the show page it said:"A Jew and a Muslim walk into a church... Sound like a joke? It is. Stand-up comics, Eman El-Husseini and Josh Rachlis join me tonight." And in the article about the show in today's Montreal Gazette, I am referred to as "Jewish actor/comic Josh Rachlis." If I was ever hoping to pass for a non-Jew, I guess I can now forget about it.

Here are the show details:

The Montreal Dialogue Group presents its third annual Peace Concert on Sunday at 7 p.m. at the Unitarian Church, 5035 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W. Tickets: $15; $10 for students. Call 514-483-5763 or 514-933-2298, or email info@dialoguegroup.org

No comments: