Monday, January 12, 2009

Check out the speech I gave at my Dad's retirement party

On June 5, 2008, a huge party was thrown at the National Arts Centre in Ottawa to celebrate the retirement of my father, Dr. Lorne Rachlis, from 37 noble, selfless years of service to public education. His current job was Director of the Ottawa School Board, and there were many colleagues and friends and family there to thank him for doing so much for the Ottawa School Board, and for education in the Province of Ontario in general. There were many speeches given. And, as esteemed as this event was, for some reason they let me give a speech, too. Even though I don't know much about the inner workings of public education. I do, however, know much about the inner workings of the Rachlis household. And you will too, if you click here.

3 comments:

Seth Clementi said...

Pretty sure, your dad is very touched and inspired with your speech. And there are tons of reasons for us to celebrate the retirement of our loved ones. And we must always let them know that.

Josh Rachlis said...

Thank you, Seth. My father was indeed a fan of the speech and still talks about it fondly. And yes, here's to the hard work all our loved ones have done to make our world better. :)

Richmond Hill said...

No matter what happens, daddies still deserve a beautiful speech like this. It's one of the ways we can show our fathers our love and gratitude for all that they have done for us. I do hope that making a heart-warming speech for your dad never ends. =]